Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Fresno Weekend...

Well, here we are in our 29th week! The 30th week is around the corner and that number is really making Dan and I realize that babygirl is coming so soon! We became even more aware of this reality with our visit to Fresno over the Labor Day weekend! We had such a good time visiting with family and friends, especially our cutie niece, Caitlyn.

Papa Matt, Uncle Danny and little Caitlyn
Caitlyn was the most adorable highlight of our weekend and also the most eye-opening. Being with our niece over the weekend was a great mini-training lesson for what's to come. Now, I have been told by many of the sleep deprivation, feeding hours and surprises that come with infants, but it wasn't until I witnessed Matt and Julie relay their experiences to us over the past two months, coupled with seeing our niece firsthand and in close quarters that Dan and I put imagined experiences aside and traded them in for the real thing! We were given some sound, realistic, sometimes scary, but always well intended advice. While it did wake us from our little bubble that we so comfortably live in, it also made us really excited for the future. Caitlyn is adorable! She looks at everything with the wonderment and awe that only an infant can! If I got the same pleasure and amusement from watching a ceiling fan spin, I would be set for life! Now, she also spent a great deal of her time observing a harpoon that is hanging above the living room in the Hipp house; I don't know what that means, but it was incredibly funny! Maybe we have a mariner on our hands. It was so heart warming to watch Caitlyn curl into her G'ma's shoulder and nap, or when she would coo and form spit bubbles on her lips (why isn't it cute when I do that?). She is simply exquisite!

G'ma with her little lady!

In addition to our amazing adventures in the Hipp house, I also was honored with a spectacular baby shower, hosted by three lovely ladies: Jean, Gwynn, and Robin, three of Sue's awesome friends! The shower was so much fun! We drew babies on our heads (don't ask), ate yummy food, laughed a lot and managed to turn even the sweetest baby items into some twisted innuendo (Thanks to Robin and myself). All I can say is that these ladies know how to party--TOO MUCH FUN! My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard during the afternoon.

The host-i with the most-i!

Here are some of the sweetest moments:

Grandma and Mama-to-be


The party was really special to me. Dan and I both felt celebrated and excited for this new part of our lives. Thanks to everyone who "showered" baby with love!

Now, if this wasn't enough--I was even able to see my big brother, Rob and my sister-in-law Marybeth, as well as our nieces Bekah and Bethany! We did a little celebrating of our own too at a local yogurt shop. Did you know that there is shop that exists that sells both frozen yogurt and grilled cheese sandwiches?! Well, now you do! Who would've thought?

Big Bro serving up some tea!

Dan looking awesome!


Our weekend was awesome! We truly feel blessed. It was great to see so much family and know that all these people will love little girl SO much!



Crazy Grandparents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.