Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You're a big baby!!!



Indy is one-big-baby! This month had us going to our 2 month check up for our little Indiana! We were anticipating her weight with utter suspense! Dan and I were absolutely astonished to find that she weighed in at 12 lbs, 9 oz. She's gained over four pounds since her birth! She's quite a chunk and that is how I love my babies. Her flesh looks deliciously edible; there are folds upon her folds! I just love it--Jonathan Swift would be so proud!!!! Sometimes, Dan and I nibble on her fleshy, round cheeks--it's hard not to take a bite! Okay, maybe that sounds a little cannibalistic--we don't really want to eat our baby--we just want to gnaw on her skin with our gums. YUMMMM...

This month brought on a new bunch of firsts--firsts that I wasn't really looking forward to. I suppose that EVERY mother deals with some level of guilt when returning to work, but it seems like when it's you feeling the guilt, you're the only one in the world that could feel THIS BAD! I had a tough time leaving Indy when I returned to work in mid-January. Dan is with her two days of the week and then we have to hand her off to day care for the remaining work days. It's been a tough adjustment--the only person that doesn't seem to know the difference is Indy. In many ways, that's good. It's nice to know that she isn't terrified to be without mom and dad. She doesn't cry when I have to leave her with Linda (our daycare provider); she doesn't cry while she's there; the only time she cries is when I come to pick her up!!!! That just about rips my heart out of my chest! I tell myself that she cries because she knows that I am her mom and she can now gain access to the buffet-line (if you know what I mean). So, she begins crying because she can't get her milk fast enough. I don't know if that's why, but it doesn't change the fact that I get sad with afternoon pick-ups! I hope that things will get easier with time...we'll see. The good thing is that I get to love on her each and every night. I love smelling her plump, little head while sleeping next to her--it's one of my favorite things about being a mom! I also get to be with her all weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.