Sunday, May 27, 2012

School's Out For..Some Indy Time




I am so cute, right?

It's been a long wait, but the last four months have passed and you know what that means? It means INDY TIME! I get to have uninterrupted, one-on-one, in-your-face, Indy time. I am so excited and Dan and I couldn't be happier.

Indy has changed so much in the past six months. She cashes in at 19 bucks now and she's also 28 inches long! She's my "Little Pudge", as we so endearingly refer to her. She has folds on top of all of her folds, she has two dazzling, pearly-white bottom teeth, she can reach for her bottle, toys and faces (she really loves to put her hands on our faces) and she babbles about everything from Dan's comic-art to my fragrant gas after a dinner of veggie-chili (seriously--it's lethal right now).

Another huge milestone for Little Pudge is her transition to solids. She now eats a nice, delicious bowl of porridge every morning (rice cereal). It looks like runny, disgusting nonsense, but she loves it. She's also eating some Stage One baby foods: sweet potatoes and carrots! She gobbles them up like it's nobody's business.

Feed ME...


Or I'll get ANGRY!!!
That's better!


She sleeps pretty well, but does like to get up for a mid-night snack. She gives me a continuous little whine, kind of like this "eh, eh, eh eh, eh, ehhhhh, ehhhhh", until I get up and feed her. That's made for some sleep-deprived teaching days, but I am surprised at my energy levels while teaching. I can pretty much survive on four hours and still be my usual spastic self, so that's good.

This summer I plan to hang with Indy as much as possible. We're going to run together with the jogging stroller (I have finally used it and she enjoys the ride). We'll go to the beach, people watch and hang out in our diapers...uh...I mean she'll hang out in her diaper. :) Who knows. I could really let loose this summer.

Hangin'

Family Unit

I like Grandpa!
Mommy at the Color Run--she looks scary!


Dan is doing great! He's been really busy with some new and exciting projects. We're proud of Dannyboy! What I Love most though, is Dan's journey as a father. He's really been exceptional. Indy LOVES her daddy so much and it is seriously amazing, gorgeous and heavenly to see Dan with his daughter. He manages to make the most mundane and disgusting tasks look adorable. Like this morning, Indy made butt-sauce--really thick butt-sauce and Dan scooped her up, carrot-poop dribbles and all, and sang to her while wiping the poop from every crevice from the waist down. She just cooed and smiled at him, as though there was nothing to be humiliated about! Well, Indy's a baby, so she doesn't have to worry about humiliation when it comes to pooping, but it gets me thinking about how much better the world would be if we all handled our accidents like Indy. "Hey, I pooped my pants! So what?! Let's sing and smile and wipe each other's butts!" I like her philosophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.