Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Last BBQ Before School Daze



Can you believe that school has started...already?! I think I am asking you because I am still in disbelief. It's mid-August as I write this and I am two days into seeing my kiddos sit in their neatly arranged desks. I am two days into homework due dates, two days into butchering the names of the hard-to-pronounce and two days into establishing a routine again...and I love it! Thankfully for me, I love my job! I work at an amazing school, filled with tremendously supportive staff, great colleagues of which many have become great friends, and a lively classroom where teaching and learning occur every day!

But with the onset of another school year, there is always another HUGE adjustment period. After two months of limitless free time, developing a regimented schedule is like hearing those dreaded nails to a chalkboard. Waking up at 5:15 when I was waking up at my leisure or going to the bathroom whenever nature called (believe me--it's hard to adapt to those bells)--well those days are over...then I got to thinking.

If I am talking adjustments here, nothing could be more surprising than this little one that is debuting in November! If I am seriously complaining about early wake-up calls for school, I have got another thing coming. Butchering names? Let's talk about butchering my new shirt after a projectile poo-attack from a small, yet volatile bottom (Matt, you'll appreciate that). Worried about going to the bathroom when I want? Maybe I should be thankful that I have control of my bladder right now--there's no telling what will happen after she arrives (I have heard stories)! The point is that I realized I had to gain a little perspective. School starting in August, when the beaches are still beckoning and my bed looks like heaven could be the best thing for me. It's like a mini-lesson in what is coming up around the corner. There is no denying that our life will change dramatically once baby-girl is here, and with that, so will our schedule. I need to realize that!




On a totally separate note, Madeleine is home from Germany! I hadn't seen her since June! We finally had one of our summer BBQ's, which was a great way to bid farewell to summer and welcome in a new school year! By sound of it, she had a great time in Europe, but we're really glad she's back! We missed her! She brought the babygirl a cute little blanky-doll that I know she will love! I can't wait to give it to her!

German Grammy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.