Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vacation time at six months!

Hello everyone! This past week and a half have been exceptional! Dan and I ventured to Hawaii last week in what many might call a babymoon. You know, that last hurrah vacationing as a twosome. We had such an excellent time. Really, we didn't do too much. Dan read two and half books in the course of the week and I read half a book (he reads REALLY fast-I was lazy)! We did some sunning, some swimming, some turtle-gandering, snorkeling and eating. I loved our schedule there! Since the time change is three hours earlier for us, we woke up early every morning! I went running and Dan swam in the pool and would lounge poolside reading. We'd enjoy the Hawaiian mornings--they are spectacular! The water is warm, the weather is cool, and the sky is gorgeous! I could live in Hawaii! It's so A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Well, I'd actually consider living there if milk didn't cost $7 a gallon! I swear, I don't know how people survive there--groceries are astronomically expensive!

Each evening we would take a stroll along the beach. We'd dip our feet in the water and run from one patch of rocks to the next, as if we were children playing a silly game! It was so easy to let our obligations and worries evaporate--we just played all week long! We even got in some nostalgiac video game sessions at a local arcade in Lahaina! It was so much fun! 



You can also observe my expanding belly as Dan and I tanned on the beach! It was a little awkward to lie in the sand, jump in the water or snorkel, but I was able to do it. It's amazing how much you have to adjust how you move around when pregnant. My mobility is a little different than it once was! Needless to say, I wasn't doing any acrobatic feats while beachside--mostly light swimming and lots of sand time!


This next picture is one of my faves! Dan took it while we were out on an evening stroll:



Overall, it was a downright good time! It was exactly what we needed! Now, we have three months to go before baby arrives! We can't believe how fast the time is flying! Before we know it, she'll be crawling around the house like a crazy lady! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.