Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Baby Shower Fit For a Princess...



Let me begin by saying this: if one should leave it up to Madeleine to throw a shower, they are in for the ride of their life! Boy, did she stop at nothing to make my baby shower a beautiful, tantalizing, exquisite success!

My SoCal baby shower was last weekend; Madeline hosted, along with the help of my two best friends Shelby and Crystal. The day began perfectly. I awoke early on Saturday morning to get a start on the day. It was so nice to wake up and have Dan's mom, Sue, sitting in our kitchen and sipping tea. It's always so lovely to have her in our home. We get to have really great talks when she visits and it's so nice to catch up. I was thrilled that she came down for this shower!

I went on my morning run (yep, still at it--a waddling freak at this point) and then returned home for breakfast and a shower. Shortly after, my aunt came over so we could all drive over the mountain together and head to Laguna (the shower destination). Upon arriving, I was greeted by this glorious spread that you see above. Madeleine included such detail in every single aspect of the shower, down to the hand sewn napkin holders that she made!

She even created the cutest theme for the shower: STORKS! In each napkin, she included a story that detailed the lore of storks and pregnancy. The tale even went on to explain the connection between Vlasir pickles (which include the stork as their mascot) and pregnancy cravings! It was adorable! Who knew? Apparently Madeleine did.






In mentioning the food, my mouth begins to water! She made exquisite quiches: Lorraine and Spinach, both of which melted on your tongue and had you begging for more. She accompanied the quiche with a colorful salad that tasted superb!


All I can say is: MORE! It was so good! I can go on and on about this shower--it truly was a wonderful day! Unfortunately, I can't post pictures of all the games, as sneaky Shelby managed to make one of them a little too realistic, bordering on pornographic! Okay, not really, but she blew up a picture of my face and then had her sister-in-law, Deirdre draw my pregnant, naked body onto a poster board. To put it bluntly, Deirdre made sure to include extra detail, just to get the point across. A boob draped over the pregnant belly and a tuft of...well you know, in the appropriate place! The name of the game was "Kiss the baby"; it was done in the same fashion as "Pin the Tail on the Donkey". The girls all took turns trying to find the baby that was pasted on my belly. Julie took home the consolation prize--she kissed my "bits and pieces" if you know what I mean! Madeleine was the WINNER; she kissed the ultrasound right, smack-dab on the baby herself! Way to go!

Crystal put together a relay in which we were meant to diaper a team member, spit a pacifier as far as we could and chug down a bottle of apple juice. That was so much fun! One, my aunt in a diaper was absolutely hysterical! Two, Jaime (my sister-in-law) should get a gold medal for binky-spitting, and three, I have never seen anyone chug down apple juice from a bottle until I saw my friend Jess do so! She was fiercely competitive and determined to win! It was AWESOME! She had that competitive fire in her eyes!

Here are some other highlights from the day:

Grandma Hipp















Great Aunt Lynn

My sweet friend Shelby! 
Bumble Bee bedding from Crystal! 

Aunt Jaime! 
My friend Nicole and I are both prego together! 
Thank you Madeleine! WE love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.