These past two weeks have been more than eventful! With the final countdown on the clock, Dan and I are brimming with excitement, but overwhelmed with fear too! I guess that's to be expected! So excited to meet baby girl, but nervous about how we'll adjust. Anyway, with all these emotions permeating in our brains, it was nice to have other things to distract us: More birthdays and more showers...oh, and some doctor visits too.
Celebrations #1: My birthday! The actual day is the 11th, but we started celebrating on Saturday. I insisted that Dan take me to Tea! I LOVE TEA, so we went to The Tea House at Los Rios; this is a place located in San Juan Capistrano! It's in the Los Rios District, by the train station. It's adorable! The area is really quaint, with old houses lining the street and Saturday vendors selling arts and crafts. The food was really scrumptious and very well presented. Take a look:
Doesn't everything look amazing? We ate until we wanted to nap--I practically did once we got back in the car! My stomach was content and my eyelids were super droopy, but Dan came up with an inventive Country song that he kept singing while we drove through OC, so that kept me from nodding off. The tea we had was really something too--Vanilla Bourbon Rooibos tea (decaf), name after Bourbon St. in New Orleans!
Celebration #2: Kelly Hosted a Baby Shower!
My very dear friend and colleague, Kelly, threw a great Fall-Themed baby shower for me and my friend Nicole. Kelly hand-made these amazingly decorative pumpkins and planted gourds and pumpkins all around her house. It really added to the charm and quaintness of the day:
So many of our friends from Vista arrived to celebrate the arrival of our little girl and Nicole's little boy!
And this is what the two "pregos" looked like on their fine day:
Yeah, we're awesome!
Kelly made incredible treats for her guests as well! She did a fantastic job and it was truly sweet of her to host such a lovely event. She had a co-captain in our friend Jess too! Jess rocked it like a super star and made sure everything went smoothy. Kelly and Jess were quite the team!
Aside from some rockin' celebrating, I of course, had to attend a routine doctor's visit to ensure baby girl is ripening just right. According to Doc, she's doing great! I feel wonderful, with the exception of my incredibly shrinking bladder, and Doc seems satisfied with her growth and heartbeat. I am hoping that with my next visit, I will get an ultrasound--it'd be nice to see her again! So, we're now at 28 days to go! SCARY! Stay tuned, people. Our little Turkey-baby is coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.